Tuesday, June 1, 2010

#047 - Joe Camel, eat your heart out.


Want to see something that is beyond wrong? Like, that will astonish you in every way possible, potentially to the point that your head will just explode and leave gooey debris all over your computer screen? Nice. I have just the thing:



(Video courtesy of Reuters. Not like they gave me permission or anything.)

This brings to mind so many questions. So, so many questions. But I'm not even sure where to start. Here goes--how does this even get filmed? How does someone hear about this, and have their first thought be, "Hey, let's take video of this for a new service!" and not, "Holy crap! This needs to stop!"? Seriously, this is absurd. I've never smoked, and am pretty much against it on all counts, so naturally I'm a biased observer, but I can at least admit that adults, when given the choice, sometimes choose to become addicted to this product, so there must be some benefit. But children? This kid looks about 15 pounds overweight to begin with, which is horrible, but add to it the endless list of life-enhancing health benefits of smoking, and I'm pretty sure he'll live only long enough to grow his first facial hair--a very thin, patchy mustache. And considering he'll stunt his growth at 3 feet 5 inches tall, he'll be one of the creepiest looking beings on the planet. But at least his voice will be nice and raspy, if he can even talk at all, so he has a future in radio.

I fear for his life. And the lives of everyone in his town. Because honestly, the more I watch this video, he looks totally badass. And reminds me a little bit of Oddjob. Okay, I'm a bad person.


No comments:

Post a Comment