Tuesday, May 25, 2010

#046 - Brutal? Yes. Deserved? Probably.


Now, I don't advocate animal killing, nor do I advocate human killing, but I randomly came across this picture and was instantly mind-warped.


If you're interested to know, the bullfighter did survive the attack. I'm not sure if the bull did, however, as my friend Dan and I were just commenting that there's an almost 0% chance the bull would make it out alive after something like that, which makes bullfighting--already a ridiculous event--simply unfair on all grounds. I countered with the argument that at least bulls can dish out the punishment, unlike in a similar dog-fighting scenario (or cock-fighting or snake-fighting or whatever sick animal quarreling you spend your free time on).

As much as I am physically pained by the photo, I think the reality is that this dude had it coming. If you step into the ring with a beast that outweighs you by two thousand pounds, and you intentionally provoke this creature--well, you better be ready to deal with the consequences. Luckily for him, his wounds were treatable and he'll suffer major but not life-threatening injuries.

For more information, including a video (which I haven't watched, and I don't suggest you do), follow this link: http://sportsbybrooks.com/photo-bullfighter-gored-in-neck-through-mouth-28405

2 comments:

  1. Hello!!
    My name is Jessica and I'm from Brazil.
    I'm feeling so good reading your blog and finding out a american thinks that City of God is the best filme of the decade!
    It's my favorite too!
    I find you from IMDB forum.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. Simply put, it's an awesome movie--when I first watched it I was astonished. If you like what you read, pass it along.

    ReplyDelete